As we embark on the end of October we enter into the final quarter of the year. A lot has transpired this year in the country. There’s ISIS, Ebola, celebrities passing on, teen suicide is at an all-time high, and of course all of these god awful political ads! In any regard I wanted to write this post to encourage you not to stop.
In this article I just want to encourage you not to stop reaching for your goals. Let’s look at 4 ways that you are unstoppable:
(1) You are here. The toughest fight that you’ve ever had you already won. By virtue of you being born you beat out billions of other potential human beings by making it through the egg. Just let that sink in a little bit. As cheesy as it may sound…you’re a winner already by being here.
(2) You’ve achieved what already have. A lot of people measure themselves by what others have done. Too many times we compare our behind the scenes footage to someone else’s highlight reel. Odds are you have discounted your progress because you may not necessarily be where you think you should be. However, there are things that you have achieved things already. We’ve all heard the saying, success is not a destination, it’s a journey. Achieving a particular goal isn’t necessarily about the goal, it’s about what you become while you’re achieving it. So look at what you’ve already done to inspire you to do even more.
(3) You don’t see growth until after it happens. When does your hair grow? When does your grass grow? You don’t see it until it happens. How do you know when it’s time to shave? After your hair grows. If you set a worthy goal and set off to achieve it. You’ll experience the discomfort of growth, but discomfort is usually the only sign of growth. Keep striving for being uncomfortable. If you feel discomfort, don’t stop.
(4) Even if you lose, you can win. I love this quote by an unknown author, “I never lose. I either win or learn.” Being unstoppable is all about having a mindset that you simply won’t ever lose. If you have a particular goal that you just don’t reach (i.e. you wanted to get a certain job, but somebody else got it instead of you) make sure that what you learned from the experience catapults you to a better starting place for the next job.
Promise yourself you won’t lose. Promise yourself you will lead with the habit of excellence and you won’t settle for less than your best. Be willing to sacrifice. Sacrifice is the ability to covet the future over the present.
Going forward do these 3 things:
(1) Make sure you have goals that are tied to incentives that move you beyond frustration.
(2) Build a mental resolve and promise yourself you won’t quit.
(3) Get an accountability partner to help you get through obstacles.
Be motivated for the rest of this year. It’s not over yet. Apply to that job. Apply for that internship. Ask that girl out. You’re unstoppable, unless you stop. Until next time…